2016 : Data Analytics Workshop
Data analytics is a developing field that holds many promises. It will potentially change the way insurance business operates in the near future.
SOAT organizes this workshop to introduce attendees to tools and techniques that will be useful for analyzing big and unstructured data.
This is a hands-on workshop where participants will use R (software) to learn how to perform predictive modelling exercise using machine learning techniques.
Friday, 13th May 2016
Training Room 231, Thai General Insurance Association
223 Soi Ruam Ruedi, Wireless road, Bangkok
No. of Attendees: 30 persons at maximum
Because of the technical nature of this workshop, there are important requirements which participants must consider before registering
- Laptop computer: Participants will be required to bring their own laptop with R installed to this workshop
- Prerequisite knowledge
- Understanding of linear regression & least squares
- Understanding of Chi-squared test
- Pre-work will be emailed to registered participants prior to the workshop. It will cover topics such as:
- Setting up R & do tutorials for basic understanding
- Some introductory reading material
Friday 13th May 2016, 09:00 - 16:30 hrs
Training Room 231, Thai General Insurance Association 223 Soi Ruam Ruedi, Wireless road, Bangkok
500 Baht per person for SOAT Member 2,000 Baht per person for non-member
All presentation will be run in English For more information, please see the attached brochure.