SOA news and Events in Asia Timezone
The Society of Actuaries is organizing the webcasts and activity in Asia Timezone for August to September 2022. I would, thus like to update you related information for your kind consideration and further sharing if appropriate.
- SOA 2022 Young Actuaries in Asia – Actuarial Poster Contest
- - Submission deadline has been extended to 26th August 2022
- - Description: Using the meme tools to create ONE ORIGINAL poster relating to actuarial, mathematical, professional life of actuary in a creative, professional and entertaining manner. Contest submission period starting on 18th July until 23:59 PM on 29th Jul., 2022 HKT.
- Actuaries in Asia: An Insight for Actuaries to Work in Different Asia Regions Webcast
- - Date: 30th August 2022
- - Registration deadline: **26th August 2022** (Webpage/ Registration) (Free webcast)
- - Seasoned speakers will share the topics and insights including:
· Actuarial environment and cultures and challenges faced in these regions
· Their experiences leading them to the next destination on their professional journey
- Decentralized Finance – Emerging Risks and Opportunities Webcast
- - Date: 6th September 2022
- - Registration deadline: **4th September 2022** (Webpage/Registration)
- - Seasoned speakers will share the topics including:
· The introduction to DeFi and decentralized insurance alternatives through discussion of key characteristics, market landscape, key players, opportunities, challenges of DeFi, and decentralized insurance alternativesFind out more about DeFi risks and possible risk classification framework.