IFoA/SOAT Joint Professional Skills Training Event 2020
Invitation to the IFoA/SOAT Joint Professional Skills Training Event
The Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (IFoA) and Society of Actuaries of Thailand (SOAT) are organising a joint Professional Skills Training (PST) event on Friday, 7 February 2020.
Thai Life Insurance PCL, 13th Floor, Meeting Room 13/2, 123 Ratchadaphisek Road, Din Daeng, Bangkok 10400, Thailand
There is limited parking at this venue. Attendees are encouraged to use public transportation. The nearest MRT station is Thailand Cultural Centre, Exit 4.
09.00-10.00: PST – Part 1
10.00-10.30: Refreshment break
10.30-11.30: PST – Part 2
This session is suitable for actuaries working in any area (i.e. it is not specifically aimed at Life, GI or any other technical discipline) and is interactive, so you should come along prepared to take part in the discussions.
Video case studies will be selected from the IFoA’s 2019/2020 online content which covers a range of topics under an overarching theme of “A Trusted Profession”.
We aim to avoid overlap with case studies used at other IFoA and SOAT events, but cannot guarantee that there will be no duplication in content.
· Caryn Chua, South-East Asia Representative, IFoA
· Kean Hin Lim, Group CFO, Thai Life Insurance
· IFoA members: Free, but please note a no-show charge of THB1,800* will be applied
· SOAT members: THB 1,800*
· Non-IFoA members: THB 3,000*
* VAT included, withholding tax is not deductible
Up to 2 hours of Stage 3 PST under the IFoA’s 2019/20 CPD Scheme. For members of other international bodies, you may record this as Professionalism hours according to your respective CPD schemes.
Register your attendance here by 29 January 2020
· Cash or cheque payment at the SOAT office
· Credit transfer to “The Society of Actuaries of Thailand” or “สมาคมนักคณิตศาสตร์ประกันภัยแห่งประเทศไทย”
· All bank charges are to be paid by the sender
· No refunds will be made for cancellations